Important Notes for the 2021 Festival
- Most Field Events require participants to register for the festival.
- Dress in layers; bring mud boots, binoculars or a scope and a mask
- Please leave your furry friends at home
- Boat tours leave on time. Please be at the meeting location 15 minutes prior to departure time. Refunds will not be issued if you are late for your boat.
How to Register
Registration opened Monday, March 15th at noon.
Help by phone is available Tuesdays and Thursdays 11am–4:30pm by calling (907) 226-4631. If we don’t pick up, please leave a message. If you call outside of these hours, your call will be returned during the next Office Hours.
Online registration is the way to register and reserve event tickets. Many tours will fill quickly so be sure to look through all the choices and make yours early.
- The Festival Pass gives you access to all the virtual events, and the full selection of ‘ticket add-ons’ including the amazing guided explorations filled with birding, wildlife, learning, and fun, all on the shoreline and waters of Kachemak Bay! It is vital that you add on everything you’re interested in.
- The Keynote Speaker Pass gives you access to both Paul Bannick and Eli Knapp’s talks
- Participants may be asked to show their 2021 Festival Registration Badge or QR code when arriving for live events.
- One-time Festival Registration fee is $20. Participants may add up to four family members to their Festival Registration for an additional $5 per person.
- The Alaska Islands & Ocean Visitors Center building is closed but Staff WILL be onsite during the Festival to register or pick up badges if needed at the following time
Wednesday: 12 – 5pm
Thursday: 8 – 11am and 3 – 7pm
Friday/Saturday: 8am – 12pm and 3 – 6pm
Sunday: 8am – 12pm
In an effort to be fair to both our participants and event sponsors, our updated Refund and Exchange Policy is as follows:
- No refunds will be given for Registration or Processing Fees at any time.
- Refunds and exchanges on event ticket sales made before April 6th, 4:30pm receive a full refund.
- Refunds and exchanges on event tickets sales made between April 8 and April 21 at 4:30pm receive a 50% refund.
- No refunds after April 21, 2021 – two weeks prior to the Festival.
- If an event is cancelled by the Festival due to high-seas or other unforeseeable circumstances, participants will receive a full refund of event ticket costs.
- Even exchanges may be issued where space permits until Tuesday, May 4, 2021.